Permanent Standby Mode

Unless I am mistaken then Permanent Standby Mode means Off.

ARWadsworth

slots" (and instead using the setback temperature all the time).

Prog stats seem to have two common MOs... Some just have multiple time zones and you select the start for each and the temperature to achieve/maintain during that time span, e.g.:

21 at 6:30am 18 at 9:30am 20 at 4pm 22 at 6pm 15 at 11pm

Others have a smaller number of programmable slots where you can specify start and end times for the slot. However the slots don't have to be contiguous. They also have a "setback" setting. This is a minimum temperature below which you don't want it to fall. Often you would set this to something like 10 or 15 for overnight, or perhaps 5 for frost protection. The setback setting will apply to any time that is not included in a programmed slot.

So say you had a setback set to 15, and then you programmed two slots:

21 from 6am til 9:30am 22 from 3pm til 11pm

The stat would then run the heating enough to maintain the above temps in those slots, and 15 the rest of the time.

Reply to
John Rumm

I know. It is just that I fit a lot of the Siemens stats (not through choice) and the customer is only familiar with a back boiler and no controls (maybe a switch for the pump) or a coal fire.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth