PCB artwork

It was over 10 years ago, and I built 3 matching ones to drive my active Isobariks.

Roughly, the costs would be in the following ballpark I think:

Torroidal xfmr: £50 Main reservoir electrolytics : £30 Case: £50 Output devices: 8 x £10? Other parts: nominal

Estimate say £250 each.

I once posted some photos of them, let's see...

Ron Lowe

Interesting. I've sometimes dreamed of making a power amp for the hell of it (I have pre-outs) but will probably never get round to building one.

Reply to
Part timer

Maplin used to do an excellent 150 watt mosfet amp for not a lot. Just add power supply. I've got a pair in the workshop driving home made speakers which still delight.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I must have built about 50 of those, many of them with paralled output stages for stage use. Cracking good design, decent performance, even for hi-fi and unburstable.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Maplin used to do several in house kits which were very good. Was told they discontinued them because of needing CE marking or whatever. Or perhaps they preferred to just sell mobile phone cases...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)