Patio Awnings

We need a patio awning- something like 12 / 15 ft long (ie side against the house) and maybe 10 ft wide (distance from wall when extended).

Anyone got any idea of sources & prices?

We got a Thomas Sanderson Brochure but they don't give guide prices and their £300 off offer suggests they are EXPENSIVE. I don't want to pay silly money for one.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

We looked at lots of these and came to the conclusion that the powered ones that attach to the house were the new double glazing. Expensive, poorly made and fitted by cowboys.

You'll also have trouble finding one that will reach out 10 feet.

We bought a hardwood gazebo from John Lewis, 3m x 3m, £250.

Reply to
Huge

Costco have a 5 metre wide by 3 metre out. I would have to double check the price, but I am certain is sub 200 quid. So cheap I nearly bought one even though I didn't have a place to put it up.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

CORRECTION: Curse me for not reading that through before sending, the width is 4 (four) metres by 3 metres out. Sounds like the very size you need.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I have recently put a couple of 7 or 8 foters up. The firm I forget who, never supplied the tools to make final adjustments. Also, the brackets to fix them were some 2 or 3 inch square where the bolts fitted into the brickwork above or on the lintle. I imagine the wind will eventually ruin the walls of those homes. More like sooner than later.

Perhaps they should have been fixed to a wall plate, a piece of 4 x 2 or something.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil