Paste tables

Anyone recommend a decent wallpaper pasting table?

I've been through a few of the cheap & nasty plywood/matchstick legs jobbies that fall apart & are impossible to keep clean.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message news:Bggwl.740$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.virginmedia.com...

I have a great paste table. It has tubular steel legs and an easy to clean melamine top which has a dual 4' / 8' ruler printed on it so measuring a strip of paper to the correct length is easy. Pull the stip out to 4', lightly mark with a pencil the pull out again using the 8' ruler to the correct length. The table has a built in cutting guide where paper is fed under the guide and cut with a stanley knife. Since the table top has grid markings, the paper is always cut square. I think is called someting like a "pastemate" or similar. I have probably had it twenty years or more and its still going strong. . I know it doesn't help you much as I've not seen anything like it recently but believe me, this table is the dogs dangly bits. I could put up some pics of it if it helps.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

My parents bought one not long ago, folding type similar to the cheapo matchstick legs and hardboard wobbely top, as in the legs fold in and it folds in half and locks closed to be carried by it's handle,

but it's got tubular steel legs, and the worktop is some hollow core board with a shiney veneered type surface,

My mum bought it to use as a table at xmyth time, the only time of the year she needs to use a table and hence loads it to capacity with jellies, trifles, chocolates, biscuits, meats, pickles, cheese and pinapple hedgehogs and all the other xmyth treats you want to nibble on during the run upto xmyth day,

my dad has used it as a pasting table once of twice, but it's cleaned up to like new,

unfortunately i'm no more use, as i dunno where they got it from, was one of the big box diy sheds i guess, i'm sure she said it was about 20 quid, and it's deffo sold as a pasting table,

Reply to
gazz

Ya need one like this then

try Brewers at

The Medway Handyman

Hi Archie

Sounds like just what I want. Would you mind posting a picky?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

========================================= Consider a sheet of 18mm chipboard (6' x 2') with a pair of cheap folding trestles (non-slip tops) from Lidl. Cover the chipboard with heavy duty polythene stapled underneath. It wipes clean during use and the trestles have other uses.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I've got a Harris Plastic Pasting Table that has legs that fit inside when not in use and washes up nicely. Got mine in B&Q, it was £26 a couple of years ago but I see they are now £39! For a picture see second hand item on ebay item 110363447208.

There is also an additional Harris 'kit' for hanging a roll of paper from the legs and a blade for cutting - very useful extra, apart from the fact it's too narrow for lining paper which is about 20mm wider than ordinary wallpaper. For clarification it's only the hanging kit that is too narrow, table width is fine for lining paper!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

What are you doing with them? I was a professional paperhanger for a number of years and my trusty (though now rusty in the hinges) plywood and matchstick legged jobby is still going strong (it would be near enough twenty years old).

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips

I bought a tubular steel legged one (I think the make is 'Park'?) from Brewers on special offer a few months ago - =A320 instead of either =A330 or =A340, can't remember. It is substantially better than the cheapo B&Q ones, but the difference is not 'night & day'. On my sample the legs were screwed in poorly to the Alu frame, and came out easily. I have used longer screws at the moment and also have bought some long

4mm bolts & nyloc screws for when I get a round tuit.

The melamine surface is OK, but it's still only a sheet of hardboard really.

The blurb on the table packaging talks about 'suitable for car boot sales etc.'. They must have substantially lighter items they'd flog at a car boot sale than I have!

If I were going down this route again I'd go Cicero's route of a pair of trestles and a protected sheet of something. I was planning to do this originally, except I was in Brewer's and the table was on offer ...

HTH J^n

Reply to
jkn

EricP

The Medway Handyman has brought this to us :

I know just what you mean, horrible device...

I have a pair of fold up cheap trestles, my intention for next time is to find some suitable board which can be laid across those trestles.

Either (or maybe both) Lidl/Aldi do a rather useful looking one occasionally. It had a solid W shaped metal (alloy?) frame and looked very stable.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Fleabay

330301856623

You obviously didn't get paste all over it like the rest of us

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Good idea. but its getting it all in the van.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That looks like the sort of thing. I don't 'do' fleabay any more though, because of paypal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Some pictures here.

http://92.236.100.215/PasteTable/index.htmlArchie

Reply to
Archie

Send em a cheque then

Awwww.Did the bad Paypal People upset you? :-)

Reply to
the realfictitious

Just don't trust them + logging on is a real PITA for some reason.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman