Paste tables

Never had any problems with PayPal whatsoever.

Either your account details for logging on are unusual or you can't deal with online security requirements.

Not a problem really and over 300 transactions through them to date without a hitch.

In this case you could email em and see if they take that old fashioned stuff.................Cash..

yep, you have to type in your username and password.

mark

Reply to
mark

Think the problem started when my youngest daughter lived here & used my PC with pay pal, took ages to stop them automatically trying to log in with her details. I have constant trouble logging in, for example it asks a security question, I answer correctly, it tells me I haven't. Life's too short...

I also get a dozen (what I believe to be) phishing e mails from paypal & ebay a week & I just can't be arsed to check them out.

I'd prefer to pay the seller direct with a card, but with many you have to log in to contact them (see above). I also like to deal with 'known' suppliers, rather than somebody working from their spare bedroom.

Don't have any problems with SF, Toolstation, Axminster, D&M Tools, Tooled Up, Lawsons etc.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, that is your PC remembering things and your problem for not creating a seperate user for your daughter when she was borrowing your PC. First thing I'd do is go through and delete all the cookies relating to paypal. If that didn't work I'd have to wander off to the net and find out how to edit the login information that IE can store for you and then remove here details from IE.

Some ones memory is faulty and I find it highly unlikely that it will be the machines at Paypal... either that or your daughter changed your Q/A on paypal but I assume you weren't letting her use your Paypal account.

There is that.

Phishing emails by definition do not come from ebay/paypal. Get your self a decent ISP and/or spam filtering. I currently having a big problem with spam, the "get a bigger tool" type, I get one in my in box every other day. The grey listing at my ISP and filtering takes care of the rest.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's why Paypal is useful. It allows you to deal confidently with the spare bedroom brigade who, IME, are usually very efficient. Sort it out, you know it makes sense :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Aldi. 30 quid (plus or minus a fiver). White melamine(ish) top, aluminium frame and an underframe that's diagonal aluminium tubes in a "W" layout. Assembly is a bit more fiddly than others (not good for dodgy street traders doing a runner from the peelers!) but the table is far more stable than the usual folding plywood.

I don't wallpaper on it much, it's mostly for car boot sales. If you've got a fair bit of china on there, you don't want something that wobbles in the breeze.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Paypal doesn't automatically log you on .The username/e-mail might be filled in but the password will not .Paypal never asks me for a security question

Well for starters if you describe them as phishing then they won't be from Paypal or Ebay .Just delete them as the info will be on the website as well if they are legit .

Reply to
the realfictitious

I was a bit annoyed a few months ago when one transaction failed; all appeared well until I got an email from paypal the next day to say that it hadn't worked, there was a bank error which was very much the bank's fault, and they'd kindly dumped my bank details from their records (taking money from my 'backup' card account).

I spoke to my bank, who could find no evidence of them even making an attempt to set up that particular transaction, however (and were happy to put that in writing for me).

I've not used pp since, given that they seemed to be trying to blame others for their own screw-up and appear to adopt a shoot first policy...

Reply to
Jules

And they're very easy to identify.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Basically, I can't be arsed with all that & I can happily live without paypal or ebay.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I use an old painted flush door (wipes clean nicely) resting on a pair of trestles. Light and easy to store and use.

The trestles were formerly used by an undertaker whilst working with coffins.

Reply to
<me9

A bier (not beer) ...

Reply to