Square for marking out upholstery

I have just got into re-upholstering my Scimitars and have a need for accurate right angles and straight edges. According to an Americal Upholstery site, there is a square known as an "upholsterer's square", which I would like to buy. It needs to be as large as possible to cover the roll width if possible, so normal woodworking squares etc will not do. Also, it needs to be a completely flat profile without a "handle".

Ebay turns up 48" roofing squares and folding squares, but nothing like I am looking for.

Any recommendations?

A tip for those as daft as me, replacing door cards...

Foamex panel as used for sign making makes wonderful backing panels. For some reason Reliant decided to use MDF for the ones in my SST, so they are unuseable even as a pattern. The Foamex is easy to cut and work and hopefully, everlasting ish.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

make one from a sheet of plywood

Reply to