Part P the reality.

After 20 years it is unlikely any of this will be relevant. There will be the problem of finding the records going back that far for a start; if they are electronically filed bit rot will have done its work, the paper variety more likely lost or destroyed than expensively stored.

A solicitor acts for the buyer; if the buyer wants to complete the sale then they will not be bothered by such nit picking.

Reply to
quisquiliae

You taste it, radical concept I know.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A cooperative? Yes we have those, if one wishes to sell oil at the lowest price possible and to have no control of what happens to the oil after production. Usually it is sold on to the larger suppliers who then proceed to adulterate it with inferior oil. [snip]

It may be, but I get saddened when the British appreciation of oil comes down to one OEM brand vs another.

There are several I would recommend, my own included. Anything produced by Ursini is worth every penny, he's another no-compromise manufacturer. There are a few good Portugese and Spanish oils as well as some remarkably good Australian ones. Theres a book "The Olive Oil Companion" by Judy Ridgeway thats worth a read. There'll be new edition this year. She only covers poils produced in large quantitites unfortunately - she just doesn't have time to cover every single producer. But it's a good guide to what you can expect to find in supermarkets.

We sell our own oil direct as well as acting as agents for neighbours who produce in the same DOP.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I was thinking along the lines of getting together with a few so one does marketing materials, websites etc, another reads up on new regulations, another purchasing of materials.

Well it's a start...

Which is...? :)

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Is it sold in the UK or do you have a website?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Difficult when only one of them speaks English. As you can see below, we've taken the lead ourselves by acting as agents for each of our neighbours. [snip]

Steve Firth

Is that not an analysis? Sorry, I was serious, but now I think I understand more. I was surprised you said "there is no analysis", but I guess it's really "there is no cost-effective analysis" or something. The oil I use was a 5 litre gift from my parents bought from their neighbour, an Italian who says it is pressed in her home village. I haven't verified that, but my analysis is that it tastes delicious!

Reply to
Stephen Gower

No, it's a tasting. It's not objective and would not stand up in a court. Hence the big producers get away with their adulteration.

No it's there is no analysis.

It all is, have you any idea where the village is?

Reply to
Steve Firth

ads will help.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

than domestic users and are quite happy to receive it in metal cans rather than fancy bottles and although they will obviously want to pay less if the goods are high quality then you save on packaging and advertising.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks, it's my wife's website and I don't think she wants her website advertised by me. Google ads, yes they would be a good thing, and we're also thinking of getting involved in a web ring for foodies as well as making more of the fact that we're Fine Food retailers.

All off topic here though. Anyway, thanks for the kind comment, I'll relay it to the web designer. Oh, hang on, that's me. :-)

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've tried more direct techniques of sellign to high class restaurants but it's not easy. Although they use lots of oil, many of them say that ours is too good (no honest they really say that) and that the customers would either use too much or simply not appreciate it.

There's also the fact that many top restaurants have deals with particular producers, usually members of the family. Aldo Zilli for example is actually a neighbour in Italy, so he uses a very similar oil produced by relatives.

Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Steve Firth