Parquet flooring noise

I have a problem with some parquet flooring. It appears the adhesive in a small area has dried out, enabling the floor to lift slightly. Every time you walk on the affected area it "clicks" loudly.

I have tried putting weights on the floor in the hope the bitumen adhesive will re-stick, but surprise surprise, it didn't work.

Now my idea is to drill some 1mm holes in the joins of the wooden blocks and inject some cellulose thinners (about 5ml per hole) under the wooden blocks, wait about 10 minutes for the old adhesive to soften a bit, and then put the weights back on for about a week.

Does this seem like a good idea? Or can anybody suggest a better way of fixing the problem.

Thanks...

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

to lift slightly.

will re-stick, but

and inject some cellulose

minutes for the old adhesive to

fixing the problem.

Clean the bitumen thoroughly with white spirits or petrol,scrape off any on the back of the parquet tiles and put a thin layer of Evo-stick contact adhesive on both the bitumen and flooring,wait about eight minutes or the time stated on the tin before putting tiles in place and then put weights on the area.

Reply to
George

A friend of mine had a similar problem - it was due to the blocks swelling and then causing a section to lift. I think he was going to take fitter to court over it - not sure what happened and he is away on holiday so I can't ask.

Reply to
John

Thanks, the problem is that the clicking spot is about 4 feet in from the edge. I have had experience of lifting and relaying a parquet floor and it's not something I want to do again in a hurry.

My idea was to try and fix the floor without lifting it.

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)