Parquet type flooring

I'm about to fit engineered wood flooring to the living room.

However, the dining room floor in the 80-year-old house is finished in real parquet and looks terrific. I can't find anything similar in any of the normal outlets, but before I commit to the normal modern stuff, does anyone know where I can get parquet look-alike.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

You want real parquet or fake? Real is going to be cheaper than fakes laminated stuff, and better. Its simply wood blocks, use dried so it doesnt shrink, and pick the wood species of your choice. Its not rocket science, just a slow laying job.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's all too late - the wife's decided on the engineered wood :-) She likes the colour.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

It's the sort of thing you'll find in architectural salvage yards. Probably cheaper than engineered stuff too - but not so quick to lay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now it is your job to let her know, as diplomatically as possible, of the practical downside of her purely cosmetic decision. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Parquet comes in the same range of colours as engineered wood flooring, theyre both wood after all. But hey...

NT

Reply to
meow2222