Painting MDF doors

Hi

A friend of mine has made some MDF wardrobe doors for me, what is best to treat them prior to painting, and whats best paint and technique to finish them?

Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alec green

I have used emulsion (several coats) followed by a hard floor acrylic varnish. All applied by roller. Worked fine for my purposes.

Reply to
polygonum

There is special primer for MDF. If you don't use it you get pinholes when it dries.

Reply to
harryagain

I found a coat of an acrylic gloss applied with a roller as a primer, will then let you finish in normal gloss after.

Reply to
John Rumm