Dormer bedrooms and cables.....

I have a Dormer bedroom. The CU is in the room under the dormer bedroom.

There is a lighting T&E cable that runs from the CU under the dormer bedroom floor to the dormer eaves area of the bedroom.

The cable then runs between two dormer roof trusses to the loft area.

This means that the cable is going via the sloping plasterboard and the roof felt and tiles.

Is this acceptable under the wiring regs or should I re-route it via a stud and partition wall?

Was probably OK in 1985 when house was built but what about now?

Reply to
Stephen H