Paint stripper fell in a new aryllic bath

Page 2 of 2

Since lie detectors aren't allowable in law in this country it's nice to know they are so far ahead of the field. Perhaps they should fit them to their adverts?
--
*Income tax service - We‘ve got what it takes to take what you've got.

✖
"Dave Plowman" wrote | Andrew wrote: | > Be aware that some insurance companies are now using lie | > detectors. ... HBOS uses the same technology for | > house insurance claims. | Since lie detectors aren't allowable in law in this country | it's nice to know they are so far ahead of the field. | Perhaps they should fit them to their adverts?
Or to their agents who fraudulently mis-sell self-certification mortgages (money programme BBC2 last night)
Owain
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:12:00 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

Nice one
Paul Mc Cann
Add pictures here
✖

OMG really? You have scared me now. At least I am aware. I'll have to practise in front of a mirror. Don't squeal on me now. I couldn't face the interrogation from CID. Again. :^p
Add pictures here
✖

Brad,     As your suggestion is practical will the T-cut or Brasso be safe to have a bath in afterwards and will the wax polish with stand the heat of the water and bathroom cleaning chemicals? The bath costs less than my insurance excess plus removing it would create more upheaval and testified by its installation.
Add pictures here
✖

The method I outlined is how we used to *repair* damaged baths after their manufacturing process.
T-Cut & Brasso are used because of their mild abrasive qualities (it's surprising how sensitive your bum is when you sit on scratched acrylic-as testified earlier by Suz in an earlier thread). Any residue can be washed away & AFAIK, harmless anyway.
The wax polish is for aesthetic purposes.
Brad.
✖

Yes, you can get gel coat repair kits from chandlers used to repair pitting and accidental damage to GRP boats. The cost is reasonable *but* you must have a good eye for colour since you have to mix your own colour from a palette of basic colours.
✖
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:57:36 +0000, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

colour and ther is no mixing involved.
Add pictures here
✖
Mickey wrote:

<PEDANTRY> From a scientific point of view, white light is, by definition, a mixture of colours. </PEDANTRY>
;o))) RM
Add pictures here
✖

Depends what shade of white it is. Go to Halfrauds and compare the car spray cans.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
✖

Bwhahahahahahahahah....
thee's no such colour as "white". White is the hardest colour of all to match because it can be anything from blue-white through to pink and all the shades inbetween.
✖

geoff

Add pictures here
✖

staining. I will get the Brasso and wax polish today. I looks much better now.
Add pictures here
✖