paint stripper

We are replacing the old stair bannister etc with new newll posts and spindles. I've removed the old paint using a blow lamp, question is......would it be beneficial to use liquid paint stripper in addition to remove any residual paint. Thanks knowledgables..... Eric

Reply to
Eric n Tina

In article , Eric n Tina writes

Abserluterly, that is the way to do it, many layers of gloves (nitrile or polythene), paint on Nitromors Master Craftsmans*, leave for 5mins & remove residue with medium wire wool dipped in more Nitromors. Clean up with white spirit again on wire wool.

*Yellow tin 25quid/5l, it's liquid rather than wallpaper paste consistency so more bang per buck.
Reply to
fred