PA Testing

On site? Or is that not an option?

The one I found at that price looks like a workshop based service where you take a vanload of stuff to them. Then, when I got to the prices page, it had magically changed to "from £0.75 per item".

Between £1.00 and £2.00 is quoted elsewhere, or a standard callout charge for up to a certain number of appliances.

Reply to
John Williamson

Even at those rates its not a good earner. Assuming 10 tests an hour - unlikely - even at £2 each - I can earn more without having to shell out a grand.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I always wire them like that. But that's something that comes from family members who were born around the turn of the century.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

If you don't do the testing in situ, how can you check whether the apparatus is suitable for its purpose?

"Please check this radiant fire for me"

"Pass. Bit old, this. Is it granny's?"

"No, I use it in my illicit vodka factory"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Kettles, irons, TV sets and radios can all easily be removed from hotel rooms for testing. It is, after all, *portable* appliance testing...

Fixed installation testing is a different matter altogether.

Reply to
John Williamson

Bah! These 11 year olds know everything...

Reply to
Geo

It is poetic, I'm allowed.

Reply to
thirty-six

A fault fixed forever, or as near as dammit, nearly 30 years ago with the MK safetyplug cable clamp, that's one of the reasons why they are six times the price of 'the rest'

Reply to
The Other Mike

Not to mention fixed pins, nice terminals, solid fuseclips.

Reply to
Tim Watts