OT: That was 48 billion well spent then...

Worked so well in the US, no doubt we will continue with the same system here.

Reply to
John Rumm

Quote from the article.

"The models indicate that the provisions subsidizing renewable electricity reduce greenhouse gas emissions, while those for ethanol and other biofuels may have slightly increased greenhouse gas emissions. They also suggest that broad-based provisions such as tax incentives to increase investment in machinery affect emissions primarily through their effect on national economic output. In other words, when a broad-based tax provision is removed, the percent change in emissions is likely to be close to the percent change in national output."

So that woul dbe wind turbines and PV

We don't do much with ethanol here compared witht the USA

Reply to
harryagain

I do quite a lot with Ethanol and sometimes produce greenhouse gasses as a direct result.

However I have so far been unable to obtain any subsidies from the government to assist me in this.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

If the tax (dis)incentive to use Ethanol was modified in the user's favour I think Ethanol usage might well increase :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Are those like the models that predicted we would be underwater by now, would never see snow again, and half of the pacific islands would be submerged by now?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher