OT; Piggin Bling!

The real decision is to go 'conservative' with a bug free debian stable...that doesn't support the hardware...or 'bleeding edge' Mint or ubuntu and be prepared for some weirdos here and there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is this in preparation for TMH launching its computer repair arm? ;-)

Reply to
GB

Might be TMH launching his "hit the bloody thing with a hammer" arm.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't do that! They almost always come with a tray which pops out to show you where to insert a small angle grinder ;)

Reply to
Robin

I suspect it's more "As it's the most commonly used OS on the net, and most of the users know nothing about computers, it's a magnet for malware writers"

I gather Android (which is of course running under Linux) is gathering some attention recently.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Interesting that you attach the words "of course" to something completely wrong.

Reply to
Huge

That seems a bit harsh. Android isn't running _under_ Linux, Android _is_ (based on a kernel of) Linux.

Wikipedia explains this better than I can:

Reply to
Johny B Good

Name AVG Security Toolbar Publisher AVG Technologies Status Disabled Architecture 32-bit Load time (0.01 s)

Name AVG Security Toolbar Publisher AVG Technologies Status Disabled Architecture 32-bit Load time (0.01 s)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman scribbled...

This setting

"Enable 3rd party browser extensions" Should put a stop to toolbars being installed on IE.

Reply to
Jabba

Just noticed that the web address is shown as trovi.com

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman scribbled...

You've been hijacked

When the Trovi.com browser hijacker is installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to remove. Unfortunately, there is no Uninstall Programs entry that uninstalls Trovi.com from your computer. In this case, you need to use the specialized tools found in this removal guide to cleanup your computer.

Reply to
Jabba

Jabba scribbled...

More here

Jabba

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded CCleaner and it seems to have sorted it.

Once again, thanks.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman