OT Performing rights...

The collateral damage might be a bit high when you set off the c4.

Reply to
dennis

I haver looked into this: the answer is its possible, but not with any technology one can lay ones hands on easily

OTOH RF screening of cheap personal stereos is not good an 5W or so of HF modulated with noise is usually capable of messing up low level audio: The problem is of course that no one uses tapes any more, so you need to go a bit higher up the food chain.

High levels of static discharge may be the way to go. You don't need to fry - simply corrupt RAM or FLASH enough.

One way would be a radioactive emitter.

Another might be to discharge a capacitor via a spark gap

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Emps are not selective, just think of all the other devices you'd blatt

Reply to
geoff

How else would you make a cheap and simple EMP generator?

Reply to
geoff

HMRC phoned me when they were chasing up a payment from me that they thought I'd not made. I (truthfully) told them that I had paid it and they'd just not got round to processing it!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

In article , geoff writes

At our last office we had a real shit of a neighbour, since we left every TV I've bought for myself or on behalf of others has been registered to his address. I hope he is getting visits.

Reply to
fred

You could dig up worse

ARW

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Just watching a film with a scene set in India ... with indian music

I wonder where the PRS imagine they stand on this?

Little chance of them being affiliated to the PRS

Reply to
geoff

They've been threatening us for about 3 years by phone and mail. We had a radio in the back room of the shop with radio 5 on. Customers couldn't hear it but apparently we were still making (and benefiting financially from) a 'public broadcast'.

Half of the problem is the people who shit themselves and pay up. it makes it appear worth their while hassling everyone else.

Reply to
R D S

Mid-90s, before GSM phones became ubiquitous, pretty much every domestic electronic audio device was unshielded for stuff in the GHz region, yet probably also rectified it a bit - hence a load of breakthrough, particularly when GSM devices handshook with the network.

So a bunch of the geeks at GSM MuppetLabs, Swindon, where I worked, built themselves "The Voice of God" - a kid's handheld plastic microphone, together with a crude AM transmitter at 1800MHz and a directional Pringles can antenna. Talk over any iPod or Walkman that you liked.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

OTOH, I suppose it might be a Bad Thing on a train.

Reply to
Huge

KISS. Carry a pair of scissors. Headphone cables don't like scissors.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

But it is a bit obvious who dunnit. A box of tricks in a bag or pocket is a bit more subtle (and less likely to result in a smack in the face or a knife in the ribs).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian