OT(ish) Safetey Glasses for over 18s only?

I am looking for some laboratory style safety glasses - not for DIY exactly, although cooking bacon and sausages probably counts as DIY ;-)

Mainly, my glasses tend to get splashed with fat/oil now and then when I am cooking and I sometimes spend a while wondering why my eyesight has gone dodgy.

So a couple of pairs of lab safety glasses could well be a good idea.

I can't see anything about being dishwasher safe.

Mainly however, I am bemused by the restriction on buying polycarbonate safety glasses to people over 18.

Do they have a knife concealed in them somewhere?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Maybe they just don't look cool. However size range may have much to do with it both for fit and for children doing dangerous things.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Surely it would be better to have children doing dangerous things with safety glasses than without!

Reply to
newshound

Refuse to allow kids to have safety glasses and they won't do anything dangerous. Sounds daft of course, but some people do think that way about kids & condoms.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet