OT First day of freedom

Just noticed, it was tax freedom day yesterday, so today is the first day this year working for yourself rather than Gordon.

Reply to
John Rumm

If you read

("Only economists click this page first. Sad, isn't it?") for the last four weeks the tax paid by us English has gone to Wales, Scotland and NI. And the writer points out that if you factor in government borrowing (deferred taxation IOW) Gordon has yet to match Ken Clarke's excesses.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Chancellor!!! Chancellor!!!! The people are revolting. Yes I know. Get them out of here before they stink the whole place out. LOL!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

The gas fitter doing my annual safety check on Monday was telling me he is getting a complete new central heating system, including boiler and radiators, and cavity wall insulation. The cost to him - about £150 to get the old flue hole blocked up, because he's over 60 and his existing heating system isn't working[1]. The Scottish Executive are apparently paying for new heating systems for all of pensionable age.

I don't know what the Welsh and Northern Irish are doing with your tax, but please be assured that the Executive up here can find other things to spend your money on apart from the Parly.

Owain

[1] As he said, being in the trade it's not too difficult to make a heating system not work.
Reply to
Owain

Only for the average person isn't it ?

Anybody on a lower income was free ages ago, those on higher income who don't want to pay for a top notch accountant have a bit to go.

Reply to
Mike