R22 pricing

For those of you who have not stocked up on R22, the next time you go to buy a can, get ready to get raped in the wallet. Last night, prices jumped to $350 - $390 for a 30lb can. On the bright side, th price of R410a dropped to $130 - $140 for a 25lb can. This is all across the country.

Sure am glad that I have changed so many of my customers over to new systems with R410a. All the ones who have not replaced their systems are going to scream bloody murder the first time they have to have the old system gassed up. I have been telling all of my customers with old systems for the last 5 years that this was coming.

Awww hell.... what do I know.

Reply to
Steve

Is it possible to buy 22 in smaller quanities? If I needed to top off a residence, adding a new condensor I might need a pound or less.

In that situation, are you charging the customer for the entire 30 lb can or just for a pound that would be about $12?

I spent the last 10 years working in a school district. They stockpiled over 5000 lbs when news came out that 22 was going away. We were converting to 410a but only when the 22 system was beyond repair.

Reply to
John Rhosos

A couple decades ago, I remember someone had R22 in 15 ounce cans, with a can tap. Probably no longer so.

In the case of a system change out, I'd charge for the gas used, not the whole jug.

Stockpiling makes sense. I'm not sure how much equipment they have, that

5,000 pound pile of gas might be a bit much. Or, it might be about right.

.

Is it possible to buy 22 in smaller quanities? If I needed to top off a residence, adding a new condensor I might need a pound or less.

In that situation, are you charging the customer for the entire 30 lb can or just for a pound that would be about $12?

I spent the last 10 years working in a school district. They stockpiled over 5000 lbs when news came out that 22 was going away. We were converting to 410a but only when the 22 system was beyond repair.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Careful..... someone will soon call you an evil corporation. You need to pay more taxes, BHO says.

.

Not charging for the entire 30lb can just for a pound of R22, I charge what I need to charge to cover overhead, advertising, insurances, licenses, vehicle insurance, maintenance, repairs, fuel, inventory, techs time, insurances, taxes, company taxes,etc...... oh yeah... don't forget a very small 10% net profit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
5000 lbs will last us a year or two. With many chillers at 450T and 230T that gas could go so>A couple decades ago, I remember someone had R22 in 15 ounce cans, with a
Reply to
John Rhosos

Good luck with that.......

Reply to
Steve

That's a lot of gas. With equipment that large, I can imagine you'd have a pinhole leak here, or there.

I havn't worked with the new "Puron". I tend to distrust any new thing forced on us by government. I hope you can keep your R-22 equipment running. One thing that will be a big help, is to keep your outdoor unit clean, using coil cleaner and garden hose. Once a year in the spring, at mininum. Maybe twice a year. Clean is good. If your compressor burns out, the burnt gas may be full of acids, and might not be usable.

.

5000 lbs will last us a year or two. With many chillers at 450T and 230T that gas could go so>A couple decades ago, I remember someone had R22 in 15 ounce cans, with a
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I thought either spelling was acceptable, do a google image search for "Check Gages" and see how many cars have it spelled that way for the warning light in the cluster.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

so it is! Thanks, Daniel. I would otherwise not have known, if you'd not quoted that invisible guy.

.

I thought either spelling was acceptable, do a google image search for "Check Gages" and see how many cars have it spelled that way for the warning light in the cluster.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It must be that time of month.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

As I was coming home from home teaching (a LDS preisthood duty) I did notice a red moon on the east horizon. Totally HUGE red moon, too.

.

It must be that time of month.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Having been born and raised in the USA where we used to have freedom, I sure hope we don't join the rest of the world. The USA is based on liberty, hard work, melting pot, responsibility, and capitalism. Well, it used to be.

.

Maybe in a few more years the US will join the rest of the world, or not...

At least R410a is affordable, at last.

Stormin Mormon

My thoughts are that the USA has more freedom today than previously.

Reply to
<ramrod

Would you please give me a few examples of activities which are free (legal) today, but which were less free (illegal) previously?

.

My thoughts are that the USA has more freedom today than previously.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon wrote

Perhaps I should start with African Americans

The can now intermarry. The can now drink from the same water fountain as others. They can ride and sit anywhere in a bus. They can eat in public restaurants with everyone else They can use public toilets with everyone else Then there was African American voting rights and Military segregation, schooling segregation.

That is a start, there is much more.

Reply to
<ramrod

Maybe you should read this

<ramrod

Thanks, I hadn't thought of those.

Makes me wonder which other US freedoms have increased?

.

Perhaps I should start with African Americans

The can now intermarry. The can now drink from the same water fountain as others. They can ride and sit anywhere in a bus. They can eat in public restaurants with everyone else They can use public toilets with everyone else Then there was African American voting rights and Military segregation, schooling segregation.

That is a start, there is much more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's interesting. I'd heard of Jim Crow laws, but didn't know how complicated they were.

.

Maybe you should read this

Stormin Mormon

The freedom of law enforcement to strip search people boarding planes. Freedom from troublesome habeas corpus laws. The freedom of government to spy on citizens. Freedom to allow the military to act inside US borders. The freedom of banks to ignore reserve rules, own stocks, broker stocks - the list of bank freedoms is too extensive to list. The freedom of foreigners to own domestic media without restriction.

Yeah boy - we are swimming in new freedoms these days.

Reply to
default