OT: Energy bills for the elderly?

Why, what happens in 14 months?

Reply to
The Other Mike

We can only hope. I can give him the number for the Carabinieri if he wants to grass me up. The number is 114. I look forward to hearing the boys in black[1] pissing themselves laughing at his whining.

[1] With bright red stripes down the outside of their trouser legs.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Haven't you got an expiry date on yours ...?

Reply to
Terry Casey

Aren't those UK postmen? Except that ours wears shorts.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah! Looking at the footnotes it appears that the words 'and its counterpart' were added in 1991 - so it appears that I was correct up to

1991, then ...

Well, yes, that's obvious if you look at it ...!

Reply to
Terry Casey

Yes but it isn't in 14 months

Reply to
The Other Mike

In message , The Other Mike writes

The clock ticks over to the strange moment when I become a hazardous motorist and need a photo on my driving licence.

I suppose age is a practical measure but upheld complaints or points acquired might be more meaningful.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

So? Keep them both safe at home and produce them only when required, usually by visiting the local cop shop within 7(?) days.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Lot less hassle to carry and it wrong foots the copper as they don't expect people to have their documentation, along with projecting a "responsible person" image.

Local cop shop? Hum have to think about that. The nearest one that is likely to be manned, even during wage slave hours only, is probably 20 miles away. The local one is rarely manned, indeed since a reorganisation of the local Policing last year we rarely see any Police presence around here. I suspect if I rang their mobile they'd come to me...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , at 17:57:49 on Thu, 1 Nov

2012, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

They already are, hence the nickname "twirly".

Reply to
Roland Perry

Back in the 70's a local bobby got into a war of attrition with my mates and myself who lived in some digs. Any excuse to issue us with a Hort/ 1 despite never really finding any defect in our vehicles or our driving. like Blakey from On the Buses it was a case of "I'll get you sometime". He eased back after we retaliated and got into the habit of whenever one of us had produce the documents we chose the desk at a station which served a huge rural area with some largish villages and tourist campsites. It was actually our 2nd closest station so we weren't taking the Mick too much. We found the best time was to call in was after 22.30 on a Friday or Saturday when the station was up to it's neck dealing with drunks, accidents ,many with roaming animals, pub brawls,children lost in the woods etc etc. The desk sergeant almost cried when we appeared . Possibly a word was said to the local bobby because he calmed down a bit. One of lads had been a probationary copper before he got thrown out for being continuously scruffy but had acquired a pad of Hort/ 1 forms. I'll admit that handing one to the copper saying " here is one we filled in ready ,just put the date on" was taking the piss.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I've till got my old paper licence - simples.

Reply to
bert

I gave the paper bit (as well as the photo card) to a French Plod when he stopped me.

He thought it was my car registration and queried why it didn't say Ford ... on it

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Unless you live in Wales, where they're not time restricted.

Ditto Scotland.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet