OT Cold calling

For businesses, often from having worked there or knowing somebody who has.

Reply to
Nightjar

But none of these droids will take anyone of their list. They don't have the authority or capability to do it. You upset one, and I have no problem with that, another one gets the job the next time you number comes up. (If the cost of fouled-up calls bothered the owners of these agencies then I wouldn't have up to six repeats of some numbers on the missed calls log of my landline phone, every one of which has been answered by the answering machine.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Add to that the possibility that the equipment software takes notice of how long each called person speaks for. Totally automatic, why not? The longer you speak for, the more important a "customer" you become. :-)

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I *don't know for certain*, but pressing 9 means *you* have contacted

*them* which overrides TPS and means they have got your permission to contact you in the future.

I'll have to remember that one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You're obviously not trying hard enough. You want to get the person on the phone crying (or worried that you're gay, and coming onto him - for some reason most call centre operators seem to be very homophobic), and then get their manager on the line and get them upset too. See how high up the management chain you can go. I once took great pleasure in finding out that they couldn't hang up on me, and chanting "wanky wanky stick a pole in my arse" for a couple of minutes with the operators crying away. Good times :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Which they never do. Ever.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

You say that, but obviously they do get the authority from someone because I simply never get repeat calls.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

It's amazing what makes different people cry. One woman howled down the phone when I accused her of inserting goldfish into herself for sexual enjoyment. Another man got very upset when I asked what he was wearing, and described myself wearing a mankind in great detail. I enjoy it, and when out with friends they often pass me their phones when they get a cold call to enjoy listening to the conversation.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

It's a Redcare line. Your point is irrelevant.

Reply to
Huge

I live in North Bedfordshire ...

Reply to
Huge

Graham.

No results on FUD to report, but the British Gas call centre seem to like my time-waster recording today, and obviously have been passing the number (a throw away Sipgate number incidentally) around to unsuspecting call centre agents.

They spent nearly half an hour in total calling it. Here are three samples.

I'll say one thing, call centres can be satanic places, but these guys seem happy enough.

Reply to
Graham.

Thanks for the links but they seem to be "For your Ears only" :-(

I'll just have to take your word for that.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Did the messages stop?

Reply to
Mark

And the caller claims to be called 'Andrew Warhol'. Thought he was dead.

I read once that in Minnesota it is illegal to have an intimate sexual relations with a live fish. One can't help wondering what that might involve, or why such a law would be necessary.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

I was told (and gullibility might be creeping in here!) that fishermen use the term "bedroom fish" for skate. Urban dictionary appears to confirm part of the story ...

Reply to
polygonum

Given that it's all the evidence I can reliably examine, I'm going to stick with the conclusion anyway.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan