OT: bad experience with parcel2go - be warned!

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Having seen how much they don't get paid for each parcel delivered it's a wonder they find anyone to work for them, so some out there must be very desperate for work;!..

50 odd pence per parcel and you have to take your own costs from that...
Reply to
tony sayer

Parcel2go post fake reviews on trustpilot and other sites too. Fraudsters who can't be trusted.

Reply to
dizzyinspain

Traders seem reluctant to post negative reviews. A few yeats ago I was working as an IT tech in a school and bought a number of speaker sets from Novatech (a computer retailer based near Portsmouth). Not unnaturally I posted a negative review which did not appear on the website. I queried this a couple of times but my questions were ignored. I am aware this does not surprise me as they would not be able to sell the item with the review I gave. I look at rewiews with a somewhat jaundiced eye.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

I think you missed a bit out here.

BTW, I've had Novatech recommended to me, and my wife's PC came from them.

Reply to
Huge

Well I've used them regularly - choosing Hermes - for a couple of years now without any issues. Perhaps it depends on which service you select, which then isn't really down to them.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Malcolm Race scribbled

Not always true - look at the comments here

or

Jonno

I also have used Hermes via P2G with no issues however regarding reviews I tried to put one on Lidls website, merely stating it would be better if they put the length of their hedge trimmer as part of the product info and that was declined.

Reply to
ss

Well, I can assure you Amazon are honest - I have posted scathing reviews and they are there. I post good reviews too.

TripAdvisor (though a different domain) have plenty of extremely negative reviews too.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Never had a problem with them. Once when a parcel was damaged they even paid up the full ebay sale price.

Reply to
John Rumm

This is why I suggest one looks on more general web sites rather than on a site who are in any way connected to a company. I imagine the reviews have to go via a legal team as it could be defamatory. In the end they find themselves just not publishing the bad ones. Its not a new problem. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

RE: PARCELS2GO....... Who actually send My Hermes to collect and deliver. I recently bought two labels from parcels2go to post two parcels to the sam e address. One was 6kg and one was 15kg. When i printed the labels they were exactly t he same with the same tracking number, so i attached them to the parcels as instructed in their email. The parcels were collected from my home address by the courier and that was it.

Two days later, i received an email from Parcels2go informing me that I had umderdeclared the weight of one parcel. What happened was I had put the la bels on the wrong parcels, so the 6kg had the 15kg label and the 15kg had t he 6kg label.

They demanded a further £11.25 from me before they carried out the del ivery. I had to pay this as i needed the parcels delivered urgently.

Then the fun begun. First of all, I tried to find a telephone number for th em, no luck, then an email address again, no luck. Finally, I went through to their "live chat" and explained all of the above to the operator. I was simply told to dispute it in their dispute section. All I wanted to do was to explain what had happened. Yes I might have put the wrong labels on the boxes, but they were identical??? Also, Will they give me a credit for the parcel that was OVER PAID ,?? I DOUBT IT.

I went there and all you could do was enter the dimensions, weight and trac king number. No space or area to actually write an explanation.

I went back to the live chat room and again, no luck there. They did give m e an email address of snipped-for-privacy@parcel2go.com and i sent them an email there . I had an automated response saying they had my email and would get back t o me. Well , still no response. RUBBISH SERVICE. I'll never use this compan y again. DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE , YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Reply to
gerwynmorgan

On 14 Sep 2016, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com grunted:

It's not clear what you are expecting, but presumably you are wanting a full refund of the 11.25 GBP, right? Now, I doubt very much that they record the actual weight of everything which passes through their system (I mean, why would they?) so they are unlikely to have any corroboration of your story. So how are they to know that you didn't send two 15 kg parcels and are now trying it on?

I don't think parcels2go are utterly brilliant, but it's a good service and I've never had a problem using them (many times). I'll continue to do so, thanks all the same.

Reply to
Lobster

They are another of these outfits that are more than happy to take your money, and then at the first hint of a problem, direct you to deal with the courier direct. Thus raising the question WTF are you paying them for ?

It's a little analogous with the situation oft-reported of some white goods retailers who are happy to take the money, and then at the first suggestion of problems say you have to "contact the manufacturer". Which is an abrogation of their legal liabilities.

Presumably Parcel2Go are subject to the same law, so any contract is with them, and they would be liable in the event of legal action ?

Either way, I would never use them again, having had a bad experience made worse by them.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Do you still have copies of the 2 labels - eg PDFs - to show they were identical? When I used them last year (Parcel2Go > myHermes) the weight was on the label!

Reply to
Robin

In the bar code or QR code?

If copies are still available there are free bar/qr code readers available as Apps for smart phones.

Reply to
alan_m

Nothing so complex: decimal number, units of kg - as in "4.5kg".

But of course they may have changed.

Reply to
Robin

I have used Parcels2go for a few years. They only send HERMES if you book HERMES. They offer lots of options, you choose who you want as courier. If you have an issue with HERMES then don't buy that service - they are the cheapest for a reason.

I have found Parcels2go a great resource for shipping small to medium items ... for heavy items there are more competitive web sites (who also work same way)

I have had an issue with damaged delivery, made a claim, not only refund full insured value, and the shipping charge but a £10 voucher for the hassle.

Agree all support is by echat .... but it is fast and gets answers reasonably quickly - with no phone charge. I found them a very fair organisation to deal with.

Reply to
rick

Ease of booking, and a very significant discount over the cost offered by the couriers themselves.

That rather depends on the circumstances. If the manufacturer has agreed to handle service on the retailers behalf, then they are within their rights to direct you to the manufacturer. They are obliged to offer service, there is no rule that says they can't sub contract that service out.

I actually found them quite helpful when I had a parcel damaged in transit.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, quite.

If you could get away easily with paying the smaller fee for an overweight parcel, everyone would do it.

And it was surely obvious that the label could be traced to the original booking giving details of size and weight etc, so would have to be the correct one.

I've also used them several times and found them very good indeed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IIRC the SoGA places the obligation on the retailer. The retailer can invent all the rules they like, but it's their arse in court.

It never ceases to amaze me

1) how many companies think "it's company policy" trumps consumer law 2) how many members of the public believe them.
Reply to
Jethro_uk