OT Anyone else had the Trick or Treaters yet?

This year I am in so I bought scratchcards for the little devils. It's healthier for them than sweets. And the bonus is if there are 4 of them you can give them one scratch card to share and tell them to split the winnings instead of giving all 4 a treat so it works out cheaper for me than sweets.

Reply to
ARW

On Thursday 31 October 2013 18:34 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Original!

And so's this:

Tim Watts

Can they claim winnings if they're under 16?

Could be fun if you get 'tricked' and catch them on CCTV

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , Tim Watts writes

Or these...

Nick

For one night only (tonight) I've wired the doorbell up to the mains. ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Or this, if you want to discourage them:

Apellation Controlee

Referee!!

Let's not see what's still in my magic chair......

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

It's gone 9PM and it's teeming down out there.

Guess we'll have to eat all those sweets ourselves.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

On Thursday 31 October 2013 21:27 Sam Plusnet wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Weak...

It did not stop our lot - prolly had 20 different groups - all with excellent costumes!

Reply to
Tim Watts

In the dark, our house is scary enough to put off anyone other than the hard-cases.

Hard-cases don't do halloween, they do B & E and nick cars etc.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet
  1. My house looks like a Salem witch house, so they tend not to knock on my door. It's too scary.
  2. My two gates look exactly like the fence, so they don't know where the gates are or how to open them.
  3. I've tied the gates shut on the inside. Nobody even tried to come in.

Unfortunately people drive their late teen kids to the rich suburbs, and like to play tricks.

Reply to
Matty F

So inculcating them with the gambling syndrome/something for nothing culture at an early age?

Reply to
harryagain

"ARW" grunted in news:l4u7rt$2d2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

What does a scratchcard cost though?

Weird here last night... As usual we had a bowl of sweets by the front door, but had not a single caller. According to SWBO, who got home about

8.30pm, there were loads of T&T'ers out on the street, so we were surprised not to have been mithered. "Result!" was our initial thought, but then you get to wondering "why?" and come up with all sorts of odd potential explanations!
Reply to
Lobster

I just pretend not to be in. Its safer when you are blind. Interestingly only one door bell ring last night. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The rest of the neighbourhood are wondering if you are a perv?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

A whole group of trick-or-treaters spilled off the pavement right in front of my car last night. If only I'd had my wits about me, I could have scored a gouranga. But, sadly, my instincts took over, I braked sharply, and they all got away.

Reply to
GB

It was windy and caning it down with rain here so no takers at all. Pumpkin candles kept going out too. Skeleton was doing a lively jig.

Shame as we had a good VH Halloween Quiz last Saturday with enough in fancy dress for a parade of monsters. I have a bowl chocolate and jelly eyeballs and fingers to eat up now (or recycle for Bonfire night)!

There is a healthy option of tangerines too.

Reply to
Martin Brown

They missed our house this year.

ajlocksmith52

One can only hope that this particular slice of American culture dies a death. Scares the shit out of the little ones and bores the pants off the older ones

Reply to
stuart noble