OT; 5p coins?

I gather it took the Bank of England several decades to replace the fiver after they realised the Germans forged them nearly perfectly.

I don't know how that would have affected things.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Brian-Gaff

Those are probably the forgeries. You're probably more sensitive to coin weight than the rest of us. The only one I've knowingly had was made of plated lead.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That thing that was printed in black and white on one side of the paper only? Someone in the BoE should have been slapped for even proposing that design!

Reply to
Tim Watts