OSB grades and prices

As far as I gather, OSB2 is for internal non lead-bearing use and OSB2 is for external and/or load-bearing use - correct?

T&P list prices are almost never lower than the sheds, but I notice

2440x1220x18mm OSB3 is cheaper on trademate than OSB2 and thinner versions of OSB3 (by a factor of 2 to 3x) and the sheds.

It could be a c*ck-up, I'll check by phone on Monday, or it could be that they sell twenty times as many sheets of 18mm OSB3 than other grades/thicknesses, or is there some reason I'm not realising?

Reply to
Andy Burns

OSB3 is waterproof, 2 less so.

DELIVERY IS MADE ON A LARGE CURTAIN SIDE VEHICLE AND REQUIRES THE CUSTOMER TO PROVIDE FORK LIFT TRUCK OFF LOADING.

OSB3:

4x8 11mm. min 20+sheets 11.20, 40+ 10.80, 82 sheets £833 = £10 9mm 9.55 50+ 9.30 100 £882 OSB3-TG4 18mm 20+ 10.10 50+ 9.85 100 £915

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yeah shopping around, seems for once Travis & Perkins are quoting realistic prices for 18mm, for smaller and/or thinner sheets they're quoting up to £60/sheet!

Anyway, via eBay I've found a local timber yard I didn't know existed, I'll go and say hello in the morning.

Reply to
Andy Burns