Old-skool electronic bits

Terry, I think you are the OP ... if you are still hunting for an OA81 I do believe I have one in my spares holding somewhere. Confirm and I'll have a hunt for you (It will be FOC if I have one)

Mike

Reply to
mailveil13-usenet

On 5/31/2011 8:16 AM, geoff wrote: ...

"IF that's actually true, I bolloxed up there and apologies to all concerned, however, it read like spam to me"

That initial "IF" makes this a very weak apology.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Audio amplifiers - what fun! It takes me back ... the smell of a hot soldering iron ... the invigorating and refreshing jolt of 230v.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

It's not spam, it's just an interesting website I came across while looking for a supplier of radio-type sound mixers.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

mail.me...

I had a look at the November 1978 ETI on there, it has a job advert for an Editorial Assistant in London, at =A34000/year, which makes the prices of the goodies advertised in the mag look rather obscene, like =A3200 inc. VAT (prices seemed to be quoted without the new-fangled VAT back then, probably sellers wanted to make it clear that it was the taxman to blame for the high prices) for a basic analogue synth... in kit form! About =A31000 today, I would think. And then there's the useless 'home computers' of the time, for equally obscene prices. At least the synths, audio gear and test equipment would still be useful today.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

I meant art projects that involve working electronics, that sort of thing seems to be the main market for retail electronic components these days, home-made electronic gadgets are otherwise a thing of the past.

Reply to
alexander.keys1

I did check if they had any of the big nixie tubes stashed away ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I certainly do! But, in those days, there were lots of long lists of valves in PW ads ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

Not guilty, M'lud!

I haven't finished clearing out my late brother's house yet and he had quite a component stock so, if I really did need an OA81, I could probably come up with a suitable replacement - but thanks for the offer!

Reply to
Terry Casey

Socket ?

Reply to