oil radiators: any opinions?

More to the point, anyone here with more indepth knowledge about them?

These jobbies:

AFAICS, something electrical warms up the oil that then circulates around to radiate heat. My guess is that it's more efficient than a wire-wound electrical bar fire, but although they're quoted in KW, I'm not sure what the cost of running one is, and how it compares.

Any pointers, O sages?

Reply to
'Dungeon' Dave

Be still! and revere 'Dungeon' Dave, who blessed us with their presence on

02 Dec 2005...

I recommend a little x-post. You're unlikely to find anyone who can help you in this froup.

What are you afraid of, O "Dungeon" Master?

Reply to
Baron P. Parsnip of Formaldehy

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com (Baron P. Parsnip of Formaldehyde) verbally sodomised in news:dmplu5$dur$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

He's afraid of freedom.

Reply to
Phillip Kyle

The law of conservation of energy applies. kW is kW is kW. The only difference is the thermal time lag due to the mass of oil etc. Radiant heat, will give a quicker response time than the convection heat and an illusion of being a better heat source; but bucks for bucks, I would go for the convection type: - also less of a fire hazard. Jaymack

Eddification for the masses (and some others too).

Reply to
John McLean

Fan heaters give the quickest heat up of a room and itf you have one with a good thermostat it won;t cost much to run as it tops up the heat.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

What the f**k has this to do with m/c?

Reply to