Noise from cooling fan

Are you mad? Think of the mess! :-)

Reply to
pamela

That rectangular end part is still big. I would like something like this but for a 150mm hose:

I'd lie 150mm because an adapter for my 150mm hose to get it down to

100mm might restrict the air flow.
Reply to
pamela

I'm surprised I didn't get such a "spigot" thing with my portable AC unit. Otherwise I can use this but with a 150mm fitting if I can find one.

Reply to
pamela

Just to be clear here, the 'thing' that came with my mates AC was a 3 part solution, an adaptor that took a ~150mm hose and converted it into a narrower round ended rectangle that clips into a two part telescopic 'blanking panel' that you would (ideally) trap in your sash window?

It's the three main parts you see on the right of this picture (ignoring the flexy hose and the other bit).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I want a solution for a tilt swivel window.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Before I drilled a 125mm hole through a wall in our bedroom, I used an offcut of Kingspan to make a blanking panel for a window and cut a

125mm hole in that for the aircon "elephant trunk".

What I need now is an external grill to keep out the wildlife, which doesn't obstruct the airflow too much.

Reply to
Huge

dennis

Suction/dp/B004UK6AZA

It's a 1.5m x 1.5m double glazed unit. Unfortunately a hole in the wall isn't an option.

Reply to
Bob Eager

_a.jp

11-

The company is sending me a free fishtail window adaptor so this problem should be ok.

Reply to
pamela

Back when I had secondary double glazing comprising acrylic sheets held in place by magnetic strips, I also needed to vent a tumble dryer. I drilled a plastic sheet and inserted the hose end. I simply removed the plain plastic sheet, opened the window and stuck up the one with the hose.

Cheap, no big drills, no mess, nothing permanent.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

That's kinda what I did (only with a sheet of Kingspan I happened to have) before I drilled a "proper" hold for our air-con.

Reply to
Huge
[18 lines snipped]

"hole", not "hold".

Reply to
Huge

Yours is an old post but if you're still looking, I found this ventilation company has a lot of useful fixings.

The picture Tim posted should almost fit your window and my portable air con unit comes with something similar to those fittings as standard.

Reply to
pamela