Nnnnnnnnggg! Wossit called?

That tool with a row of pins which is used to get the shape of something; coving, odd shapes for tiles etc.?

I want to match some old coving to repair it so one which locks the pins in place would be necessary.

I thought it might be called a profiling tool or summat but "profile" and "profiling" don't get any results in Screwfix or Toolstation.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Profile gauge.

Reply to
Grunff

Oh, ta! I tried contour gauge but that didn't work either.

Good chap.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Hang on, I tried profile! But...it brought up so many results that I gave up :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

200mm is better than a 150mm

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

What a fantastic idea ! I never knew such a thing existed !

Reply to
Séan Connolly