New toilet leeks

After proudly fitting a new toilet yesterday, and replacing the gat

valve that broke in the loft... I noticed today that there is a slo drip from the point the pan connector enters the soil pipe, Woul running a band of silicone sealant around the rubber seal stop this? o can you get different sizes of seal? would be gratefull for any suggestions

thanks Steve (The connection between the pan and pan connector is fine

-- Steve F

Reply to
Steve F

Oh:-(

I thought you'd developed a novel way of growing vegetables ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Don't rely on silicone to seal these types of leaks. Make sure both parts are properly seated together, and not lying at different angles and things. You might find that twisting the connector around a bit will seal the whole thing.

Reply to
BigWallop

Funny that, i've just had my toilet replaced today by a plumber for the exact same reason.

I had an emergency plumber out on the household insurance thingey yesterday that put some sort of putty around the seal to stop the leakage. That probably would have stopped it but I wanted it replacing anyway.

Reply to
RedOnRed

If he doesn't pay attention to his leeks he may find he gets mushrooms instead.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You know, he might not appreciate this kind of humous.

Humour, sorry.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher