New! Internet Fuel

It's not the same principle as a flammable gas detector. A gas detector works pretty much like a Davy lamp, with a gauze to stop ignition of the flammable gas. As you say, a heated catalyst is used as the sensor with flammable gas increasing the temperature and altering the resistance of the sensor.

A lambda sensor measures the difference in oxygen concentration between the exhaust gas and the atmosphere. The sensor material generates a voltage when heated and exposed to oxygen. This is similar to zinc-air batteries which generate a voltage when exposed to atmospheric oxygen.

"An automotive oxygen sensor, also known as an O2 sensor, lambda probe,

Yes.

You should have looked for lambda sensors to get a decent article. Wikepedia is as crap as ever.

Do you think it does?

Reply to
Steve Firth

dennis

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

snip

I didn't give the original wikipedia quote. The one I referred to without naming above is actually the one you quoted.

Reply to
Roger

Err right, are we playing "I have a secret?"

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

No idea.

All I wanted to point out was that I had already done what you suggested I should do. It was after all my post you were replying to, not the previous one from Dennis the menace.

Reply to
Roger

Unless you give the URL the fact that you know that the website exists is useless. And I wonder why anyone would tart about the way that you are doing. After all you're making statements that can't be verified and ultimately they have no point other than "I know something you don't know" but uttered after the event which makes them bizarre and pointless interjections worthy of Drivel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not *that* bad, surely?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK I'll restore a point for not making mention of plantpots.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

Your statement is false whichever way you look at it. All anyone else needed to do was to do an Internet search. You ever been able to verify anything Dribble said outside of things like part numbers?

Reply to
Roger

And how would that show them that the website that I gave the URL for was the one that you were referring to? You gave no information, no URL, not even a hint of the content of the page. Indeed all you did was play a silly game.

I couldn't verify what you claim either, no one could. And, since you couldn't explain how a lambda sensor works, it seems unlikely that you had read the page you claim to have been referring to.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

You are the one who is playing silly games.

What I said was "The wikipedia article is only one of a number to be found on the net one of which is specific as to how it works." That doesn't show I couldn't explain how a lambda sensor works only that I couldn't be bothered.

Likewise I can't be bothered to engage in endless circular arguments with someone who goes out of his way to be so combative. I am sorry but you are joining Dribble and a few other regulars in my killfile.

So goodbye Steve. Plonk.

Reply to
Roger