New cistern, no overflow?

Bought a new close coupled toilet, which I'm planning on fitting on Sunday. When I examined all the bits, I realised that the cistern doesn't have an overflow outlet. Wasn't expecting that - is that normal??
Valencia suite from B&Q, if anyone's come across that before.
Ben

has built in internal overflow that goes down the pan. saves drilling through walls :-)
David

You can also often retro-fit them to existing cisterns. The siphon top is lower than the overflow [would have been] and so, when water reaches that level ti flows, as David, says, down the pan. I used one on a toilet which was on an outside wall and had an extension built over where the overflow came out.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

The only problem was that the cistern is now lower than the original and the lazy ?^%&*%$? before me didn't fit any tiles behind the original cistern. Works perfectly well and is better than having the pipe going through the wall.
Steve