Close Coupled Cistern

hi there this is my first post on this forum.

My toilet is not filling up, and there is water still coming ou continuosly, it is a close coulped cistern and the ball c*ck does no stop the water either, can anybody tell what to do please..

-- Sunset

Reply to
Sunset

Perhaps if you named the brand and type of cistern, someone could help. Some cisterns have a large rubber washer at the bottom that may perish and leak. If you turn the water off using the tap next to the cistern, you could unscrew the large nut under the cistern, remove the mechanism and take it to your friendly plumbing shop for a new washer. Because I'm a cheapskate and like to fix things one and for all, I make my own washers out of butynol rubber that never needs replacing.

Reply to
Matty F