6" plastic pipe and end caps wanted

I want to make a protective holder for a canister, while in transit. I want to use 6" plastic pipe like soil pipe with end caps. Any suggestions where and how much? Soil pipe fittings are too expensive and it works out at ove £50.

Reply to
Belinda

Try a builder's merchant. You can make one up 3m long with screw on end caps for about 20 quid using Terrain. Or look at Screwfix for plug together types.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It may be that the 6" pipe fittings are really expensive but my 4" pipe (x 3.1m) carrier was about 20 quid all in. The push together fittings will almost certainly undo in use so solvent weld is a must together with some padding at the front to prevent the pipes knocking the front off when the van has to stop pronto.

Reply to
Ed Sirett