Need to block washbasin chain hole

Fitting new washbasins, all 2 taphole (I got a fab ebay deal on Grohe lever taps) - only option is with overflow and plug-chain hole.

I'd like to use click-clack wastes (push to close, push to open) - so I need to block off the unused chain hole.

Is there a product designed for this?

If not, what will make a really neat solution?

(My only idea so far is a short, fat, stainless steel coach bolt)

Reply to
dom

Why not use the plug chain assembly minus the chain and plug!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Just had the same problem. I used the top off a mirror screw (flat rather than domed but domed would work) screwed into a deep bolt with a scew and washer the other side & a rubber ring underneath to seal it. Mirror screws still appear to be 6BA, or maybe the metric is close enough not to care. Failing that, a short mirror screw and a bit of wood the other side would work.

Chris K

Reply to
CJK

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com writes

As it's a small hole, I'd have thought filling the hole with white silicone would be the least obtrusive, slightly recessed with the use of finger, 1, for the use of.

Assuming it's a white basin that is.

Reply to
fred