Name of fibrous reinforcing sheet material sought

Hi all I'm trying to identify a reinforcing sheet material to use for a particular application. What I have in mind is something like the reinforcing that Karrimor used to use in their older cycle carriers (more recent ones I used had plastic reinforcing & were NBG). The material had the following properties:

- a few mm thick, say 3 to 4mm

- light

- fibrous; a bit like a 'sem-flexible hardboard'

- workable; I imagine cutting with a hacksaw and drilling with a hand drill

- rugged; that is, you could bend it and it wouldn't break; it might bend, but it wouldn't lose (all of) its strength.

I imagine it was a non-rigid resin bonded paper of some sort. I'm hoping if I can identify a name and source that it'll be cheap as well! Any ideas?

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
jkn