Mystery Combi Problem

Combi Boiler about 5 years old. Pressure showing 2Bar

Yesterday it started leaking from deep within, I couldn't see the source. I put a bucket under and it dripped away. This morning the bucket was just over half full but the dripping had stopped. Heating and hw seem to be working okay.

Any ideas?

mark

Reply to
mark

Please clarify - was the pressure 2 bar - or is it now 2 bar?

Reply to
John

Is the pressure still OK?

Maybe the condensate drain froze, and it overflowed internallay somehow?

Reply to
Toby

It was and is 2 bar.

Reply to
mark

I had a similar problem yesterday. A lot of gurgling/running water sound when the burner was on but no sign of a leak, then drips began. Traced to the condensate drain. Not frozen, but a lot of grey grit/sludge (scale?) at the bottom of the little condensate tank and siphon seemed to be blocking the inlet from the boiler. Cleaned it out and it everything back to normal.

Reply to
djc

That's exactly it! I shall take the casing off tonight and see if I can find the condensate tank.

Thank you.

mark

Reply to
mark