my stihl fs36 strimmer wont run. No fuel coming into chamber. Will carb kit fix?

Hi, I have a Stihl FS36 strimmer that will not start. She was running away fine but difficult to start then couldn't get her to start. Took apart carburettor and cleaned and eventually found out there is no fuel coming in to combustion chamber. New carb too dear. Will a carb kit sort it? Thanks...

Reply to
Jameslk57

Not that I know much about this, but it sounds like a fuel blockage that should be clearable. Maybe something gummed up and needing cleaned. More qualified guys I am sure will answer for you.

Reply to
ss

first stop check the clunk. disconnect fuel pipe and blow into the tank. Mine gummed up..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Small filter in tank fine. Fuel comes into carb but when I pull start cord with plug out there is no fuel coming. The plug is completely dry. Have forced compressed air through carb and don't get why nothing at combustion chamber...

Reply to
jameslk57

Sounds like a faulty pump or metering diaphragm. A carb kit and clean-up should solve it.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Thanks a lot. That is what makes most sense to me. I'll get a carb kit and see how it goes.

Reply to
Jameslk57

I know I'm late in on this thread but have been away for a week.

Try the blowlamp trick. If you have a gas blowlamp turn it on and direct the gas (unlit) into the air filter. The engine should then start on the gas and may then draw the fuel through providing it can get into the carb in the first place.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

BTW, thanks a zillion to whoever suggested this previously (you?). I used the trick to start my hedge trimmers which usually require 40 minutes of cursing to start, and it works a treat.

Reply to
Huge

I did post it on here a couple of weeks ago, but can't claim it as an original idea. I learned it from a builder who did some work for me some 8 years ago. I'm still pleased to hear its being put to good use reducing the volume of foul language :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Easystart, intended for diesel engines, may also work. I think it is largely ether for those who like sniffing stuff:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Why are such small engines a PITA to start?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Not all of them are. My Fuji Robin brushcutter starts in 2 or 3 pulls, even after a winter in the shed.

Reply to
Huge