More on the Feinmultimaster

Or the Bosch one in this case.

Doesnt this look familiar to the bosch multitool? I'm just wondering whether if we were to take the shoe off this model below would it reaveal the same as the Multitool? and if it did Id go bananas as I gave it away because it was crap as a sander.

George

Or not, since you're not talking about the Fein or the Bosch, but about a Bosch sander.

Reply to
Steve Firth

sander with a blade.

The Bosch PMF 180 is also a bloody good detail sander, much, much better than any other I have used.

Suits me down to the ground, one less tool on the cramped van.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm talking about taking the shoe off and having a look if the attachment spindle is the same as the Bosch PMF 180's attachment spindle? if it is then the attachments for the 180 will fit this sander?

Reply to
George

No,the penny hasn't dropped your side.

Reply to
George

Oh I can recognise a clueless twunt when I see one. I was being kind to you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Maybe youre just a pain in the arse kinda bloke...got any mates to drink with?

Reply to
George

Dunno about the fixings but even if you could attach Bosch/Fein tools to a sander I reckon it'd be crap. The multitool rotates a small angle each way on an axis normal to the attachment shoe (it gets its action by doing so bloody fast) whereas sanders make their pads describe little circles. Do that with a blade and you'd be all over the place I reckon.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Maybe I'm just not a brainless clod?

Aww bless, you think that alcoholism has something to do with having friends.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You either are or are not,make your mind up will you.

Oh! yes having a couple of pints with people you know does have some bearing as being friends. However alcoholics usually drink alone.

Bye!

Bye!

Reply to
George

You are right it does look a little like the multitool. However if the multitool is even faintly similar to the multimaster then they are very different beasts....

The sander does not have the constructional rigidity of the multimaster

- the pad is designed to float slightly. More to the point it has a slower orbital action, rather than an oscillatory one that pivots round a centre.

Perhaps surprisingly, I find the multimaster actually makes a much better delta sander than any delta sander I have tried as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Anyone with the Bosch PMF180 does it resemble anything like the shoe parts on the PDA 180? also take a look at the Disc to the right of the breakdown parts list numbered 835. Click on the area to enlarge the drawing.

Funny they should name the multitool PMF 180 and the Delta Sander PDA180. ;-)

Reply to
George

Damn! forgot the link

George

OK - you got me :-) I just went and looked and, as far as I can see without extensive dismantling, is the PDA180 has an eccentric fitting at the end to produce an orbital motion (see the bottom end of the shaft

835 on your link and the counter-balance weight C). The PMF180 doesn't have this, with the blade attachment screw being on the axis to produce a 2.5deg arc rotary motion only. It's also something like twice as fast, so probably has different gearing. The case is also different.

The 180 refers to the motor power, I think

Reply to
John D.W.

You'd know.

Reply to