More BS from Corgi

The law say you must be competent, not certified.

The law say you must be competent. Being competent would mean you would have done that.

Yep.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, you are into seals on that beach are you? Gosh! Maxie resplendent in frock:

Fabulous!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel coughed up some electrons that declared:

Strewth - is that what you get up to as soon as the nurses turn their backs?

Careful - it'll be the restraints and gimp-ball if you keep wandering off.

Reply to
Tim S

How dare you!!!! Maxie is famed for his frocks!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Tim S writes

that's me

at work in Lombok

Reply to
geoff

geoff coughed up some electrons that declared:

No way!

:>>>

"work"... hmmm

Reply to
Tim S

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

I'd better not put a link to the other photo in that collection then, Dribble might blow a gasket.

Looks like you had fun, lucky sod :)

Reply to
Tim S

In message , Tim S writes

well, I was moonlighting supervising the installation of the Bali - Lombok microwave link at the time

Life can be hard, you know ...

p.s. that was the most expensive hotel in Lombok, martyr to the job I was

meanwhile back in the UK, dIMM was prolly unblocking toilets

Reply to
geoff

How much did you on that beach in your frock?

Maxie, resplendent in a frock up a tree.

"life can be hard" Maxie did scream and shout ..he thinks all people are silly no doubt ..he thinks he is of greater mind ..the smart and sophisto kind

..the truth, Maxie is warped up top ..he swings up trees in polka dot ..on a beach he fleeces them all ..while wearing a gown only seen in a ball

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Just when we though he couldn't get worse. The wanker starts to write in verse. I thought it was the final straw, When he cut his pipe with a blunt hacksaw.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , fred wrote

They didn't mention Part P in the kitchen when the 'repairer' gave himself an electrical shock.

Are all Corgi registered technicians allowed to turn off the mains supply to the boiler and work on any electrical items if they are not part P approved, especially if the boiler is in a kitchen?

Reply to
Alan

Would be interesting if he had killed himself, or even just been seriously injured, when that happened (e.g. fell off the worktop onto his skull). Two people (at least) were at work in the house, saw him do something they knew to be dangerous, and did not intervene.

Reply to
Rod

BG-approved closure plate tape?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Have Rouge Traders latched onto you yet?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Just watched it, the number was 154852, quoted by the bloke with the caribbean accent who had nicked the id from the genuine corgi registered bloke.

Keyed it in and got the following.

"CORGI can confirm the following details....."

Looks ok to me.

Maybe you typed in 123456 that appeared on all the mocked up corgi id cards?

Reply to
Mike

Ah! Thanks - had transposed a coupe of digits. You are right.

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike saying something like:

Nice little advert for Dennis Hopgood anyway, I thought.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sorry I meant to say: ...any work on a gas appliance requires competance and in the case of ...

I guess the crunch comes when the line into "gas work" has been crossed and there is no way that the guy can claim he was only having a "closer look".

As far as the law is concerned if you "Work" on a "Gas Appliance" for "Reward" you must be a member of that class of persons... (i.e. registered).

If of course you do work on an appliance, get paid for it, and all is well then there is not likely to be any consequences.

Signing off non members work is seriously frowned upon by the "establishment".

Reply to
Ed Sirett

CORGIs are no different from anyone else in that respect: to do notifiable electrical work we either need to go via BCO or have the appropriate qualifications and be part of a competent persons scheme.

As it happens CORGI also run such a scheme, but apart from being run by the same people that (currently) run the gas register it's just another electrical scheme like NICEIC, NAPIT etc[1].

CORGI also run competent persons schemes for plumbing and ventilation. (They all cost a fortune to join!)

[1] actually the CORGI scheme is "defined scope" whereas NICEIC and NAPIT do full domestic installer schemes.
Reply to
YAPH

A bit like the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) training, which allows anyone who gains qualification to come in and test plugged in electrical things in your commercial premises. And you'll never guess who used to test in our offices and workshops. OK. You're all correct. It was a CORGI registered gas fitter, who was retired due to ill health. He went for training, passed, and begun a new life.

Small world, innit. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop