Moisture resistant paint and staining

Hi

We have an ensuite where there is a slight build up of staining to the ceiling above the shower - presumably due to mould growth My wife cleans the ceiling every couple of months to wipe away this mould. I am about to repaint the ceiling and walls here and my wife has hit upon the idea of using Dulux realife Bathroom piant (which claims to be moisture resistant) to prevent this staining happening again. I'm doubtful that moisture resistant paint will prevent this staining/mould growth from occurring again. The ensuite shower is probably used about once a week (no, we're not unclean, we just use other facilities elsewhere during the week), so it's not really subjected to vast quantities of condensation.

Am I therefore correct in assuming that moisture resistant paint is not really going to prevent the staining from occuring again?

Hopefully that's enough info to allow you kind lot to pass on some advice. Any informative contributions gratefully received.

Mike

Reply to
NumboJumbo