Mold Resistant Paint

I have a inside shower and the walls are unpainted stone. I find the shower walls are getting moldy. I have been told to clean the stone with bleach and than seal with silicone.

Where can I get spreadable silicone sealant to brush over the walls?

Please suggest particular products: it would be helpful if I could purchase them at Home Depot or Lowes.

Your help would be appreciated.

Allan

Reply to
nomad8

geosel is a product, But i advise against it. When it molds behind it or when it discolors you can only remove it by sandblasting. In a few years it could look like an ugly mess. I have a stone wall this was done to, its black with mold and will be sandblasted off. Use bleach often stone looks good natural

Reply to
mark Ransley

Mould is really hard to get rid of. Clorox tends to remove the paint and isn't a permanent solution. I installed a ceiling fan and let it run for a few minutes to exhaust the steam which would otherwise condense on the walls, etc. So far, so good with that.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

If it is stone, do NOT talk to your local Home Depot or Lowes. Instead, head to your local professional stone/tile shop. You also might want to stop into John Bridge's online stone/tile forum and re-ask your question. A bunch of knowledgeable people hang out there and they are honestly helpful.

If this is an ongoing problem, better ventilation will likely be part of the solution.

David Glos

Reply to
DLGlos