Fire resistant paint "certificate"?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can get the smallest amount of fire resistant paint, that apparently comes with a certificate ( maybe certification ) that it's fire resistant? My local BCO wants this from me to sign off some work we've had done here. He says he's happy just to see the certification and we can apply the actual paint whenever, as there's some other work we'd like to do before this is finalised. Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks!

-- Dave

Reply to
Dave Jennings

There are some datasheets on paint manufacturer's websites such as:

Worth a try.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

I do hope that the paint was applied to a clean substrate, not old paint. This was one of the contributory factor to the Kings Cross tragedy. The fireproof paint in the escalator shafts was simply painted over several layers of ordinary paint, negating its usefulness. Like most accidents, there were a number of small factors which, in isolation, would not have been nearly as serious. All of them together amounted to a sum greater than the parts.

Fire resistant paints are normally certificated by a third party, often the BRE.

Red Books contain their list of approved products. I believe they are rather expensive.

John Schmitt

Reply to
John Schmitt

supply paint and certificates etc. We found their rep helpful. Some paints need clean substrate others not.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

Many thanks Jacob!

Reply to
Dave Jennings

Yes, they were all applied to clean substrates - new doors in fact, so perfect candidates. That's interesting reading on the effect omitting this had on the fire.

Reply to
Dave Jennings