Mixer Tap or Electric Shower?

I have bought my first flat, which is all electric. I am refurbishing the Bathroom and I do not know whether a mixer tap shower will be better or an electric shower. I would like a shower which has the most pressure and mixes hot and cold water well. I have heard that the electric showers have less pressure and the mixer taps can be unreliable changing from hot to cold.

Please help and if there is an alternative solution I would like to know!

Reply to
menelike

If you have a combi and decent mains pressure, use a straight mixer. Unless the combi is built like Schwarzenegger it won't be a great flow rate, but it will do.

OTOH if its a naff 'cold tank in the loft and water dribbles out like grandpa with his prostate' scenario a pump will at least empty the typically tiny HW tank in the requisite 5 minutes or s of dubious pleasure..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If by "all electric" you mean that the hot water is heated electrically, then you have a couple of options depending on what type of hot water sstem you have.

If it is mains pressure, either by vitue of a direct "Megaflo"-type hot water cylinder or a heat bank/thermal store arrangement then a thermostatic shower mixer will see you right. There are a number of decent manufacturers; I can thoroughly recommend Hansgrohe but budgets vary.

If on the other hand your hot water dribbles out of your tap at a pathetic rate then you need to either pump it or use a venturi shower whereby the mains pressure cold water sucks the hot out of the pipework by dint of the pressure difference. Fortunately I have not had to use either solution so cannot comment on the performance.

Regards

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones