Mira Shower Problems

Thought I'd try for here before calling the electrician, any advice appreciated.

We had a new bathroom installed just over 2 years ago & with it a new Mira Sport 10.8kW shower.

As of two days ago the shower has stopped working. This didn't happen while someone was using the shower - just didn't work one morning. When switched on at the the fascia lights don't light at all & so the shower doesn't function at all.

I've checked the obvious (to me). The fuse in the CU is fine. When the pull-cord switch is in the on position there's continuity through it. I've checked the cable from the CU to switch & switch to shower and both seem fine. The light on the pull-cord switch comes on when the switch is on, so I'm assuming everything's fine that far. I've also taken the front off the shower & there's nothing obvious wrong inside (no wires disconnected or foul smell from the PCB).

Any suggestions as to what further testing can be done before I pay a call out charge on a 2 year shower?

Reply to
dave cunningham

Have you checked with a meter for 240v present at the shower when the isolation switch is on?

If you are certain that there is no external fault it might be worth giving Mira a ring first. Describe the symptoms.

I know of a Mira sport 10.8kw that packed up about three months ago and the guarantee had expired. No lights as you describe!!! I made sure that there was no external fault and told the customer to call Mira. They sent an engineer out who changed the pcb. He said there was a know problem with the pcb's that were fitted around that time, and he changed it FOC.

Can't guarantee you'd get the same response of course.

Billp

Reply to
BillP

In message , BillP wrote

Thanks Bill, phoned them today & they've said they'll repair it for the price of a call out. Certainly better than buying a new shower!

Reply to
dave cunningham