MFI Bar-Stewards!!!!

Page 1 of 2
Our kitchen was due for delivery tomorrow. MFI decide to phone us up today and tell us that the splashback is not in stock so they've changed the delivery date by adding 3 weeks to it - kitchen was due to be put in on Monday - we've booked in a joiner/spark for then as well - I take it as per f*king usual the consumer here will have no recourse and I'm f*ked.
what a bunch of F*cking asswipes...
MutherFu*ing Incompetence
J.

I bet you are pure joy to deal with by the MFI staff. A true breath of fresh air.
--
Inside information? Never

Try Aunt Bessies foods, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy

They shouldn't feck people about then. He's got a builder booked - how do they expect people to react; "Oh well, not to worry"?!
Si
Bungle & Zippy wrote:

Got to say, if it happened to me I'd post soemthing along those lines here. Just 'coz the OP is, justifiably IMO, venting his spleen here doesn't mean he'd talk to MFI the same way.
Tell you what though, I'll be that if the OP's joiner or 'leccy had let him down and he tried to change the delivery date the day before that MFI would find something in their T&Cs stating that you had to give 7 days notice.
As to what the OP can do, I'm not sure. I certainly wouldn't let it rest. Cancelling the order would seem to be the best course of action (in terms of expressing your opinion of their "service") but that probably isn't a realistic option for you. If not then I'd be after a hefty discount.
You may not get any joy dealing with the store you bought it from so may have to write to head office. I have found, on several occassions (not with MFI), that a strongly worded (but polite and constructive) letter to the Customer Services Manager usually gets some action. Send it Recorded Del'y so they can't claim they never received it and I usually add "Private & Confidential" to the envelope to try and stop it being opened and "processed" by an underling; probably doesn't work, but there's nothing to lose be trying.

In fact - I am... Just pissed off....
Was looking for some advice from anyone whos been through the same and maybe got some results from their actions.
J.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.removeme says...

1. Cancel the order. Go to B&Q and get a flat pack kitchen off the shelf. Have it fitted on Monday.
2. Cancel the order. Go anywhere and get a flat pack kitchen off the shelf. Have it fitted on Monday.
3. Do nothing. Cancel the builder and electrician. Wait for MFI to delay you again. Get a stress-related illness.
--
Ziggur
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"

OK if they have everything you need on the shelf. My B&Q kitchen is waiting for an 800mm base unit due in two weeks (ordered two weeks back) and the cherry doors due early April. If I hadn't needed 400 + 800 units to fit the space I would have preferred the Wickes off-the-shelf units though.
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:10:15 GMT, "J."

A relative of mine has recently taken leave of his senses and ordered a bed from MFI. It was due to be delivered last Wednesday. It did not arrive. A day's leave from work wasted. Telephone call - it'll be a couple of weeks. Complained and it was to be delivered Saturday. Strangely enough, it did not arrive.
Calls to head office on Monday were met by a blanket brush-off. Requests to speak to "higher ups" were met with "they are not available", "they are out of the country" etc.
My relative then went looking on the Companies House website and found a number of MFI associated companies appear to be going through liquidation.
I'd just cancel the order and also write to one of the TV consumer shows.

Interesting... they're about to open a new store here...
Hwyl!
M.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:36:48 GMT, Martin Angove

Liquidation of a company does not necessarily imply financial problems though. It can be simply part of a restructuring.
If you look at the Kingfisher and B&Q empire, there are dozens of companies and numerous of them appear to be shelf companies that are pulled out when they want to start a new business.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

It's called tax dodging. Only poor people and fools pay income tax.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:19:13 +0000 (UTC), "Michael McNeil"

It's mainly related to corporation tax in this sense, and there is an obvious difference between avoiding tax (which is legal) an devading it (which is not).

Leona Helmsley said something like that and went to jail, albeit not for very long
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Companies don't pay income tax at all.
On 13 Feb 2004 09:37:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

They pay employERs National Insurance contributions. Now whether NI is considered separate or not, it's still a tax, generating revenue to be paid to government coffers.
I just wish they'd bring income tax and NI together so that there is clear evidence of what Miser Brown is up to with respect to hiking taxes.
PoP

On *employees* earnings.

Oh, I agree. I was merely being pedantic.

I'm also coming to like the 'Merkin system where prices everywhere are shown net of tax. That way, you *know* how deeply Brown's hand is in your pocket.

How about "as sold in New York for ..."? Look at the efforts that Levi and cosmetic makers have gone to to stop UK retailers selling genuine products at lower prices. And as one enquiring newspaper asked "if children's clothes are taxed in France and untaxed here, why are the same items cheaper in France?". If Gordon wasn't taking the money someone else would.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser

I know, they're pretty foul, aren't they! Along with beef jerky, and those horrible processed cheeses.
Christian.

Fuck 'em. Perhaps they shouldn't shaft the people who pay their wages, then?

You'll notice that the terms and conditions that say you must take and check your delivery before booking the tradesmen. The fact you have to book them six months in advance doesn't figure here. Another reason to diy.
I take it they wouldn't deliver what they have and send the splashback later?
Christian.

The work you booked in could have been done without the splashback. You might have gone ahead with the job since they were so confident that they could eventually supply the missing piece.
I would consider posting to a law group. Sue the effing effers!