MFI Smilight Kitchen Lights

Hi,

got 3 Flourescent lights with Kitchen from MFI year and half ago. Recently they all started to go on the blink - bought new bulbs - no joy. Tested electrical side of it and it seems OK. Can' believe i'll have to fork out another 90 odd quid to replace these lights. Anyone know anything about them.

2 x 950mm smilight (INT2826) 1x 460mm. (INT2825)

These look sealed and don't seem to have any replaceable parts on them ....

Am I wrong here or do I I just buy cheaper alternatives....

Know f*ck all about lighting,,

JHoe.

Reply to
TalkTalk R Pish

Take them back and demand a replacement. Lights costing £90 should last more than 18 months IMHO.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

I don't know your particular lights, but maybe the starter has faile rather than the lamp itself. However, in more recent designs th starter is designed to outlast about three lamps. Regards, Jon..

-- Jon

Reply to
Jon

I agree.

However, they cost about a quarter of that price elsewhere, if you do end up replacing them at your expense, and there are better designs which avoid directing light forward (if you don't have any pelmets).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel