Metric Doors and Cat flaps

Here's an odd one for you.

Being new to the self build game when I ordered a frame for for the back door - just ordered a metric weatherstripped frame from Jeld-Wen a FNS. The operative word here is METRIC, so the frame only accepts a

2000 x 807 door. I know now that the Imperial frame route would have opened up a world of possibilities ;-)

Apart from the f&*king expensive Jeld-Wen catalogue no-one else seems to do metric doors.... Anybody got any suggestions?

Also this mythical door is going to need to have a cat flap installed

- I'm quite capable of doing this myself - but one pre-installed would save a job.

However the concern I have is that a door that has a panel in, so that it is capable of having a cat flap put in, is surely a security risk. I don't mean that the catflap itself is a security risk - just need to remove the keys from the door to get round that one. My concern is more that a panel at the bottom of the door surely can be just kicked in by a burgling scumbag.

Anyone think of a solution to my metric, cat related security problem?!

[Getting rid of the cat is not a valid solution.....!]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Gary Quigley See my build at

Quigs

Is your cat metric? i don't think an imperial cat will fit through a metric catflap, it'll either be a lose fit in the hole (which would be OK I suppose) or else it'll bind.

Reply to
James Hart

If I was designing a cat door for a new build I'd locate it in a wall, with a flap on both inside and outside. That doesn't help you with your metric door does it? :-(

Reply to
Rob Morley

Buy a 6'8" x

Reply to