Maximum bath temperature

Oh no, not more Nanny state!

How stupid do you have to be to get into a bath that's too hot? When you toe hits the water, you simply say ouch, remove your toe, and add cold water.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Well, not always. A lot of people have impaired sensitivity in their feet due to nerve damage; long-term diabetics and heavy smokers amongst others. Scalding is a real possibility for them. Prescott is diabetic; Princess Margaret was a very heavy smoker.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Not true, actually. Elderly / disabled people with poor senses regularly burn themselves seriously.

Reply to
newshound

If you have that problem, you'd use a thermometer.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

In what year was the thermometer invented?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You are a true sociopath. What bit about:

"Every year, 600 people are seriously injured in scalding baths and 20 people die from their injuries," says Sarah Colles, home safety adviser for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents. "Most affected are small children and elderly people in care homes"

don't you understand, where a simple temperature operated valve could save so much pain and suffering.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Famously, Princess Margaret.

Reply to
Graham.

Why would I care about pain and suffering of blithering idiots?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

All Royals have poor senses, inside their skulls.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

e.g. an 'idiot' - your word, not mine who could be suffering from Alzheimers who is in the care of overworked carers. What is best? punish the carers when they make a mistake ot fit a temperatutre regilating valve so that the mistake cannot be made?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

If only it worked correctly.

Reply to
Capitol

That article is dated 19 May 2005.

Reply to
nemo

It's not difficult for a carer to put their hand in the water first.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The depressing part is that I remember it being discussed on here then. God I feel old.

The precis from then was that, while it might be good for some quarters, it's no bloody use to anyone who wants to warm their bath back up after a good soak.

Reply to
Scott M

Wouldn't be hard to ensure that it would never be hot enough to injure.

Reply to
Simon Brown

Good point. And easy enough to remove the stupid tap yourself.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You are the myopic sociopath, short of brains as well as sighted, that those that died or badly scolded were largely vulnerable people who were unable to remove themselves quickly from pain or death.

You really are a nasty piece of work.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I imagine she was as pissed as a fart. She usually was.

Reply to
Huge

There should be health & safety warnings on the overfeeding of trolls.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Thermostats have been fitted to baths and basins for over twenty five years in hospitals.

Reply to
harryagain